Diisobutylene is a highly branched C8 olefin obtained by the dimerization of a pre-treated isobutylene feedstock. INEOS Oligomers’ Diisobutylene HP product contains over 95% of 2,4,4-trimethylpentenes (TMP), split approximately 75/20 between the TMP1 and TMP2 isomers. Diisobutylene 99 product contains over 99% of 2,4,4-trimethylpentenes (TMP). Diisobutylene is an intermediate for a wide range of chemical products used in rubbers, polymers and lubricants, when high compatibility and chemical stability are required.
- Octylphenol resins used as tackifiers in radial tires
- Octylated diphenylamine stabilizers for lubricants and rubbers
- Isononyl derivatives used to produce polymerization initiators and compressor fluids
- Sulphur additives for anti-wear lubricants and HALS stabilizers for outdoor polyolefin applications
- Diisobutylene is also used as a co-monomer in the production of elastomers and hydrocarbon resins, or as chain stop agent for polycarbonate resins.
Unfortunately, not all our products and suppliers are listed on this website for immediate browsing. If you're unable to find a specific product or supplier, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐲𝐈𝐌𝐂𝐃 - 𝐂𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥. By doing so, you will gain full access to our comprehensive product list and documentation, ensuring you have all the information you need. Thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to assisting you!